Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's Been a While!

Well, Aetna is still denying our claims regularly. The latest claims they're denying are our trips to the ENT for my sinus troubles and Annie's nosebleeds. I received an EOB last week, denying the claim, and stating that they did not receive the information they requested from the Dr.'s office, so we were responsible for the entire cost of my visit - all $890 of it! At that point, I called the billing department and spoke with someone who told me that they sent Aetna the information on March 1. She also said that she spoke with someone named Tanya at Aetna, who confirmed that they did, in fact, receive the medical records they requested. She also told me that this happens all the time with Aetna. My response - I'm not surprised!

I can hardly wait to see what they do with the claim from Annie's visit. They pended the claim, stating that they requested medical records. I wonder how soon it will be before I get an EOB stating that they didn't receive them and that the entire bill is our responsibility.

Needless to say, I contacted the guy who helped us get the therapy stuff straightened out, and I should be hearing back from him very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment