Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God's Hand on Annie's Life

During Annie's swim class tonight, I stayed in the locker room to work on my Bible study homework because it's terribly hot in the pool balcony. After I finished the study, I popped in to watch the end of her class because I was curious to see how she was doing. I watched her swim to the far end of the pool, and the teacher had all the kids turn to come back to the end of the pool where I was. I watched her swim almost all the way back, got distracted, and lost sight of her. When I didn't see her in the water, I noticed that she had already made it to the end of the pool. She was sitting on the deck, but something was not right. She was crying, and the lifeguard was walking over to her.

I immediately made a beeline to get to my precious girl to see what was going on. She was having trouble breathing. I wasn't surprised because her asthma and allergies have been acting up lately. I didn't even give the lifeguard a chance to help her. I helped her up and headed to the locker room, where I helped her calm down and quickly got her dressed. We were met in the locker room by another mom who also works at the Y. She was checking on Annie. I explained that Annie has asthma and that we were going home to do a breathing treatment.

Once again, God's timing was absolutely perfect! Who knows what would have happened if I wouldn't have gone into the pool area to watch her swim?!?!? Thankfully, I was there - exactly when she needed me - and I was able to help her.

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Thank you, God, for watching over Annie's life and keeping her from harm!

1 comment:

  1. How scary! Thank goodness you got that "nudge" to check on her. You both have guardian angels watching over you!

    ReplyDelete