Monday, August 24, 2009

Time for School

Well, it's time for school to start again. Annie will start second grade, and Daniel will go to kindergarten - a "normal" kindergarten. I am confident that my sweet little girl will shine like a star, as she usually does. She is truly a gift from God. I'm really going to miss hearing her laugh and seeing her smile throughout the day every day while she's in school. I am looking forward to seeing her run across the playground and crash into me with a giant bear hug every day. That's the best part of the school day. It is such a blessing and a privilege to be her mom. She brings so much joy and happiness to our home.

I can't decide if I'm looking forward to seeing Daniel go to kindergarten or if I'm sad because I'm going to miss playing games, practicing writing, playing outside, and cuddling on the couch to watch movies with my sweetheart. I can not believe how much God has done in his life in such a short amount of time. 3 years ago, he was barely talking, falling all the time, unable to feed himself, unable to play and keep up with Annie and other kids his age. Now, thanks to God's never-failing hand in his life, he can speak in sentences, feed himself, play and keep up with other kids, and write his name. His teacher is a Christian woman who loves her students like they're her own kids, and I'm excited to see how God will use her in his life.

It looks like Josh will go to preschool too. I am currently in the process of becoming a substitute teacher, and we're looking into child care for him. There's a Christian daycare center that I'll be visiting later this week that has curriculum, even for Josh. I think the structure of daycare will help with his behavior, and God will use his teachers to lovingly help change some of his naughty behavior. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and mature over the school year, and I'm looking forward to spending Tuesdays alone with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment