Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God is Good!

I spoke with an Indiana Special Kids advocate this morning about the problems we're having with Aetna. As it turns out, the governor of Illinois recently signed a bill that requires insurance companies to provide coverage for children with developmental disabilities. That bill goes into effect on 1/1/10. All we have to do is find a way to get coverage for the 6 months prior to that, and coverage for Daniel's therapy will be covered as mandated by law. I'm sooooo glad our insurance is through a company in Illinois!

She also pointed me in the direction of an IL Senate bill that mandates coverage for autism spectrum disorders. Daniel's developmental pediatrician says that he IS on the autism spectrum. I requested copies of that documentation from her, and we will be faxing that info, as well as a copy of the IL legislation, to them ASAP. I would think that they would want to comply with Illinois law. Apparently, I am wrong. This only solidifies my complaint with the IL Insurance Commission. I will be faxing copies of all this paperwork to them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment